|Home>>Bare Acts>>Back to Index|
8. Rules.- (1) In addition to any other power to make rules hereinbefore conferred the State Government may make rules generally to carry out the purposes and objects of this Act except section 3.
(2) Every power to make rules conferred by this Act shall be subject to the condition of the rules being made after previous publication.
(3) All rules made by the 6[Central Government] or by the State Government under this Act shall be published in the 12[Official Gazette] and on such publication shall have effect as if enacted in this Act.
(4) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
(5) Every rule made by the State Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before the State Legislature
Copy right : Indu Info (All rights reserved)