|Home>>Bare Acts>>Back to Index|
18. Conversion of cooperative society into multi-State Cooperative Society.- (1) A cooperative society may, by an amendment of its bye-laws, extend its jurisdiction and convert itself into a multi-State cooperative society:
Provided that no such amendment of bye-laws of a cooperative society shall be valid unless it has been registered by the Central Registrar.
(2) (a) Every proposal for such amendment shall be forwarded to the Central Registrar.
(b) If the Central Registrar, after consulting the Registrars of Cooperative Societies of the States concerned, has satisfied himself that such amendment fulfils the requirement of sub-section (2) of section 9, he may register the amendment within a period of six months from the date of receipt thereof by him:
Provided that if the Central Registrar is unable to register the amendment within the period aforesaid, he shall make a report to the Central Government stating therein the reasons for his inability to do so, and the Central Government may allow him such further period or periods as is considered necessary to register the amendment.
(3) The Central Registrar shall forward to the cooperative society a copy of the registered amendment together with a certificate signed by him and such certificate shall be conclusive evidence that the amendment has been registered.
(4) Where the Central Registrar refuses to register an amendment of the bye-laws of a cooperative society, he shall communicate the order of refusal together with the reasons therefor to the society in the manner prescribed within seven days from the date of refusal.
(5) (a) Once the amendment of bye-laws has been registered by the Central Registrar, the cooperative society shall, as from the date of registration of amendment, become a multi-State cooperative society.
(b) The Central Registrar shall forward to the cooperative society a certificate signed by him to the effect that such society has been registered as a multi-State cooperative society under this Act and also forward a copy of the same to the Registrar of Cooperative Societies of the State concerned.
(c) The Registrar of Cooperative Societies referred to in clause (b) shall thereupon make an order directing that the society had, as from the date of registration by the Central Registrar, ceased to be a society under the law relating to cooperative societies in force in that State.
Copy right : Indu Info (All rights reserved)