|Home>>Bare Acts>>Back to Index|
43. Application of the Insurance Act.- (1) The following section of the Insurance Act shall, so far as may be, apply to the Corporation as they apply to any other insurer, namely:— Sections 2, 2B, 3, 18, 26, 33, 38, 39, 31, 45, 46, 47A, 50, 51, 52, 110A, 110B, 110C, 119, 121, 122 and 123.
(2) The Central Government shall as soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct that the following sections of the Insurance Act shall apply to the Corporation subject to such conditions and modifications as may be specified in the notification, namely:—
Sections 2D, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 27A, 28A, 35, 36, 37, 40, 40A, 43, 44, 102 to 106, 107 to 110, 111, 113, 114 and 116A.
(3) The Central Government may, be notification in the Official Gazette, direct that all or any of the Insurance Act other than those specified in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) shall apply to the Corporation subject to such conditions and modifications as may be specified in the notification.
(4) Every notification issued under sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) shall be laid for not less than thirty days before both Houses of Parliament as soon as possible after it is issued, and shall be subject to such modifications as Parliament may make during the session in which it is so laid or the session immediately following.
(5) Save as provided in this section, nothing contained in the Insurance Act shall apply to the Corporation.
Copy right : Indu Info (All rights reserved)