Home>>Bare Acts>>Back to Index



46. Petition when Marriage Registrar refuses certificate. — Whenever a Marriage Registrar refuses to issue a certificate under this Part, either of the parties intending marriage may apply by petition, where the district of such Registrar is within any of the towns of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay to a Judge of the High Court, or if such district is not within any of the said towns then to the District Judge.

Procedure on petition. — The said Judge of the High Court, or District Judge, as the case may be, may examine the allegations of the petition in a summary way, and shall decide thereon.

The decision of such Judge of the High Court or District Judge, as the case may be, shall be final, and the Marriage Registrar to whom the application for the issue of certificate was originally made shall proceed in accordance therewith.





Central Bare Acts
State Bare Acts





Home | Legal Dictionary | Law Schools | Law Digest | Bare Acts | Disclaimer |  Privy Policy




Copy right : Indu Info (All rights reserved)