Home>>Bare Acts>>Back to Index



44. Consent of father or guardian. — The provisions of Section 19 apply to every marriage under this Part, either of the parties to which is a minor:

Protest against issue of certificate. — And any person whose consent to such marriage would be required thereunder may enter a protest against the issue of the Marriage Registrar's certificate, by writing, at any time before the issue of such certificate, the word "forbidden" opposite to the entry of the notice of such intended marriage in Marriage Notice-Book, and by subscribing thereto his or her name and place of abode, and his or her position with respect to either of the parties, by reason of which he or she is so authorized.

Effect of Protest. — When such protest has been entered, no certificate shall issue until the Marriage Registrar has examined into the matter of the protest, and is satisfied that it ought not to obstruct the issue of the certificate for the said marriage, or until the protest be withdrawn by the person who entered it.





Central Bare Acts
State Bare Acts





Home | Legal Dictionary | Law Schools | Law Digest | Bare Acts | Disclaimer |  Privy Policy




Copy right : Indu Info (All rights reserved)