Home|Discussion Forum|Communities|Professional Search|Law Dictionary|Bare Acts|Law Schools|State Bare Acts|Free Judgement Search|Law quotes
Articles  |    Humor    |    Law Digest
Bare acts search

Bare acts > Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 > Section 21


21. Appeal.- (1) Any person aggrieved by any order made under section 19 may prefer an appeal-

(a) where the order has been made by the Court of Session, to the High Court to which such court is subordinate; or

(b) where the order has been made by any officer specified under clause (b) of section 19, to the Court of Session within the local limits of whose jurisdiction such order of adjudication of confiscation was made, within one month from the date of communication to such person of the order:

PROVIDED that the appellate court may, if it is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from preferring the appeal within the said period of one month, allow such appeal to be preferred within a further period of one month, but not thereafter.

(2) Any organisation referred to in section 5, or any person or association referred to in section 9 or section 10,aggrieved by an order made in pursuance of the Explanation to sub-section (1) of section 5 or by an order of the Central Government refusing to give permission, or by any order made by the Central Government, under section 5 or section 9 or section 10, as the case may be, may within sixty days from the date of such order prefer an appeal against such order to the High Court within the local limits of whose jurisdiction the appellant ordinarily resides or carries on business or personally works for gain, or, where the appellant is an organisation or association, the principal office of such organisation or association is located.

(3) Every appeal preferred under this section shall be deemed to be an appeal from an original decree and the provisions of Order XLI of the First Schedule to the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), shall, as far as may be, apply thereto as they apply to an appeal from an original decree.





A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z



Quick Links     
Family LawsInsurance LawsEnvironmental lawTax LawFDI 
Company LawTelecommunication LawLabour LawsCentral RulesRBI 
Business & Commercial LawsConsumer lawsCorporate lawsCriminal lawsSEBI 
Intellectual Property lawMedia & Press lawsPharma & Medical lawsProperty lawFEMA 
Debt Recovery LawsAmendmentsProfessional lawBanking LawsLegal Links 




Privacy PolicyDisclaimer

Copyright @2010