|Home>>Bare Acts>>Back to Index|
48. Placing out on licence.- (1) When a child is kept in a children's home or special school, the Administrator may, if he so thinks fit, release the child from the children's home or special school and grant him a written licence for such period and on such conditions as may be specified in the licence permitting him to live with, or under the supervision of, any responsible person named in the licence willing to receive and take charge of him with a view to educate him and train him for some useful trade or calling.
(2) Any licence so granted under sub-section (1) shall be in force for the period specified in the licence or until revoked or forfeited by the breach of any of the conditions on which it was granted.
(3) The Administrator may, at any time, by order in writing revoke any such licence and order the child to return to the children's home or special school from which he was released or to any other children's home or special school, and shall do so at the desire of the person with whom or under whose supervision the child has been permitted to live in accordance with a licence granted under sub-section (1).
(4) When a licence has been revoked or forfeited and the child refuses or fails to return to the special school or children's home to which he was directed so to return, the Administrator may, if necessary, cause him to be taken charge of and to be taken back to the special school or children's home.
(5) The time during which a child is absent from a special school or children's home in pursuance of a licence granted under this section shall be deemed to be part of the time for which he is liable to be kept in custody in the special school or children's home:
Provided that when a child has failed to return to the special school or children's home on the licence being revoked or forfeited, the time which elapses after his failure so to return shall be excluded in computing the time during which he is liable to be kept in custody
Copy right : Indu Info (All rights reserved)